Moving premises?

Expanding? Moving location? Found a new premises? If so, please contact us and we'll happily make the move as easy as possible for you with a simple transfer of energy contract.

Moving into a new property or transitioning between tenants can be an exciting yet intricate process. At Valda, we are here to ensure that your change of tenancy experience is seamless and hassle-free. Whether you're a new tenant preparing to settle in, a tenant preparing to move out or a landlord overseeing the transition period, you can find all the information you need here to get begin the moving process. 

We strive to make every aspect of you moving experience positive and straightforward, so to help us get your move processed as quickly as possible then we require some key information and documentation.

Are you moving into or out of a premises supplied by Valda Energy?

Simply select the relevant option to process your move. 

Want a quote for your new business premises?

Why not see how much you could save at your new premises with Valda by getting a free business energy quote.

Need more support with your move?

Contact Icon

Call our team
0330 390 4510 (Option 4)

09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday

Contact Request Icon

Contact Request Form
Click here

Please fill out the form


FAQ Icon

View our FAQs
Click here

for more information

Change of Tenancy (CoT) FAQs


An outgoing CoT is when you are moving out of your current premises and need to end your contract with your current supplier.

An incoming CoT is when your business moves into a new premises and needs to take over the supply.


Yes, whether you are moving into or out of a property supplied by Valda, you must complete the correct change of tenancy form. This is so we know who is responsible for the property.


Your change of tenancy can take up to 5 working days to process once you have submitted your request. Please be aware that it may take longer if we have not received the correct information or documentation in your initial request.


Most business energy suppliers, including Valda, will place you onto deemed rates, which are often more expensive. To ensure you aren't paying more than you need to, we recommend getting in touch with Valda and agreeing a fixed term contract to start making savings immediately.


If you are moving into a Valda supplied property, we accept any of the following: Lease Agreement, Business Rates, Land Registry Documentation or a HM Land Registry Property Title Register or Solicitor Letter.

If you are moving out of a Valda supplied property we accept: Surrender of Lease, Letter of acknowledgement from the Landlord, Land Registry Documentation or a HM Land Registry Property Title Register, TR1, Completition of Sale Statement, Solicitor Letter, Business Registration Document or Insolvency Papers.

If we require any further information, we will contact you to request this.


Yes, a broker can support you with your request. You will need to provide them with all the relevant information to enable us to process your move. Your broker will also need to provide us with a signed Letter of Authority, Lease Agreement and Landlord contact details. 

If a broker is acting on your behalf, there may still be times that we need to speak to you.