Please check out the below FAQs on possible smart meter issues.
I think my bills are inaccurate with my smart meter
A smart meter automatically sends your meter readings directly to us so you can be more certain that your bills are accurate. However, if you have any concerns about your billing or the smart meter is showing an error message, please contact us and we will be happy to resolve your issue.
My smart monitor screen has gone off or stopped working
If your smart monitor display stops working, it won’t affect your smart meter or energy supply, so you won’t lose your data or go off supply. #
If the smart monitor screen has gone blank, and it is not plugged in, it could be that the smart monitor has run out of power. Simply plug it in to recharge and then press the on button to restart it.
If recharging does not fix the problem, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
My smart monitor won’t connect to the smart meter
If your smart monitor loses connection, it won’t affect your smart meter or energy supply, so you won’t lose your data or go off supply.
Smart meters need to be able to connect to a wireless network so that they can communicate with your in-home display and show you how much energy you are using. There are several quick checks that may help you resolve connectivity issues, including:
- Checking your Wi-Fi connection.
- Making sure your smart monitor is plugged into a permanent source of supply.
- If the smart monitor has been moved since the installation, place it back in it’s original position and see if this reconnects the monitor back to the meter.
- The distance from your smart monitor to the smart meter should ideally not be more than 5 metres. Try moving your smart monitor closer to your smart meter and turn it off, wait a minute, and turn it back on.
- If the smart monitor is located in a room with thick walls, several smart devices turned on at the same time, or with a metal object in front of your meter, this could interfere with the connection. Try moving your smart monitor to a different location and turn it off, wait a minute, and turn it back on.
If the connectivity issue remains, please contact our helpful team on 0330 390 4510, 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday and we will be happy to help.
If your issue is not listed and you think you have a faulty smart meter, please get in contact with a member of our team on 0330 390 4510, 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, and we will be happy to help.