Simple changes can help cut down on your average energy usage. This can include using energy efficient appliances, switching to energy-saver lightbulbs, and switching unused devices off.
Here are some of our top tips that will help you save energy in your business
- Turn appliances off at the plug
- Turning your heating down
- When they need replacing, switch to higher energy-efficiency rated appliances
- You could save energy by upgrading your old boiler to a new A-rated condensing boiler with a room and radiator controlled thermostat.
- Double glazing insulates your business from the cold and helps reduce your heating bill
- A draught can cause your business to lose heat, especially in older buildings. Draught excluders can help prevent this
- Insulating your roof can stop heat escaping from your business and reduce the amount of energy you use
- Turn the lights off when you leave a room
- Put exterior or security lights on timers or switch them off so they only come on when needed
- Energy can only be saved if everyone in the business knows how. Share your tips with your colleagues and staff to ensure everyone is onboard.
You can also read our blogs for more information: