Us and our culture
Valda Energy is a fast-growing energy supplier, challenging the existing marketplace with a leading, tech-led, and customer-focused successful solution. We are passionate about innovation and challenging the status quo to deliver exceptional service and solutions to our customers. Driven by the desire to do right by all our stakeholders, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and employee environment are always evolving, from the introduction of new benefits to leading structured training opportunities, and of course frequent social events! At Valda Energy, you can be assured that you will be supported to be your best and be welcomed in to form part of our friendly team.
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that the culture at Valda Energy made them feel welcome
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed in the first month of joining agreed they would recommend Valda Energy as a great place to work
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that they see themselves working at Valda Energy in two years’ time
*Results based on those who joined between October 2022 – March 2023
Our Fantastic Perks
- Company bonus scheme designed to celebrate dedication and recognise both personal and business performance.
- Generous 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, allowing you time to recharge and relax.
- Enjoy a work-life balance with Monday to Friday working hours, spanning from 8 am to 6pm.
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality Health, where you not only receive comprehensive coverage for your health needs but also enjoy a range of exciting perks. Unlock discounts and special benefits on popular products like Apple Watches, elevate your fitness journey with discounted gym memberships, and treat yourself to a weekly free coffee, and so much more.
- Experience peace of mind with our Life Insurance policy, providing coverage at four times your salary.
- Recharge kitchen – Enjoy an array of complimentary snacks, drinks, and lunch options, all designed to keep you fuelled and energised throughout the day.
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme where we will match contributions up to 4%
- Our in-house learning and development team is devoted to nurturing your talent, unlocking potential and propelling you towards being your best.
We are seeking a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to join our growing Finance Department; this is a newly created role and will report into the CFO with a dotted line into the CEO and Chairman. This is a critical role in analysing and providing financial insights into our commercial activities, ensuring the financial success of our business. This position requires a keen eye for detail, strong financial analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams. The successful candidate will support the Business with a range of accounting duties.
How you will contribute
- Financial Analysis: Analysing financial data related to commercial operations to assess profitability, cost-effectiveness, and revenue generation.
- Risk Assessment: Identify and assess financial risks associated with renewable energy projects, such as regulatory changes, environmental factors, and energy price fluctuations. Develop strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Market Research: Conducting research on market trends, competition, and customer behaviour to inform and improve commercial strategies.
- Financial Modelling: Develop financial models to evaluate the feasibility and profitability of new business activities and opportunities. Analyse key financial metrics such as cash flows, return on investment (ROI), and net present value (NPV).
- Support the board: Present analysis on business performance, risk analysis and appetite and anew opportunities to board to support the growth plans of the business.
|Education & Qualifications
- ACA Qualified
- 2 years PQE experience
- Big 4 experience
- 2nd or 3rd mover from Practice
|Experience & Knowledge
- Prior experience working in an analytical position.
- Experience in the Energy sector
|Skills & Abilities
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong market research and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance standards.
What we offer
- 20% annual performance related bonus
- Monthly team-building events and activities
Reports to: CFO
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 DOE