- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that the culture at Valda Energy made them feel welcome
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed in the first month of joining agreed they would recommend Valda Energy as a great place to work
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that they see themselves working at Valda Energy in two years’ time
*Results based on those who joined between October 2022 – January 2023
Us and our culture.
Valda Energy is an established energy supplier, offering electricity and gas to non-domestic customers, presenting a viable alternative to the current crop of energy suppliers. We are passionate about innovation and challenging the status quo to deliver exceptional service and solutions to our customers. We recognise that our people are our greatest asset and in sight of that we are currently in the process of introducing new benefits and investing in several employee initiatives such as structured training opportunities, social events, and free breakfast! At Valda Energy you can be assured that you will be supported to be your best and be welcomed in to form part of our friendly team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious qualified Management Accountant looking for the next step in their career. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, leading the day-to-day operations and supervising and developing a small finance team of two finance assistants.
How you will contribute.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts, balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations, plus P&L review against budget in accordance with agreed timeframes.
- Lead the AR, and AP functions ensuring accurate processing of daily receipts, postings to finance systems, reconciliations of entries to customer accounts, and timely logging on, review and payment of purchase invoices for weekly payment runs.
- Oversee the finance and other associated inboxes to manage workflows by delegation and review of completed tasks.
- Prepare quarterly VAT and CCL returns and ensure payments are made as required.
- Preparation of payroll.
- Contribute to cashflow forecasting and budget setting.
- Be fully involved with the year-end accounts preparation along with the records and files required for annual financial audit.
- Train and develop junior team members.
- Assist other departments by providing financial data and insight.
- Must be Fully Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a flexible work approach.
- Comfortable working in a small, close-knit team
- Right to work in the UK
- Credit card and direct debit payment processing
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
Up to 10% bonus