- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that the culture at Valda Energy made them feel welcome.
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed in the first month of joining agreed they would recommend Valda Energy as a great place to work.
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that they see themselves working at Valda Energy in two years’ time.
*Results based on those who joined between October 2022 – January 2023
Us and our culture
Valda Energy is a fast-growing energy supplier, challenging the existing marketplace with a leading, tech-led and customer focused successful solution. We are passionate about innovation and challenging the status quo to deliver exceptional service and solutions to our customers. Driven by the desire to do right by all our stakeholders, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. Our culture and employee environment is always evolving, from the introduction of new benefits to leading structured training opportunities, and of course frequent social events! At Valda Energy you can be assured that you will be supported to be your best and be welcomed in to form part of our friendly team.
We are looking for an L&D officer to join the team who is passionate about creating and delivering engaging training that empowers and develops our people talent. Working closely with the L&D manager you will assist with the identification of training requirements across the business and the development of training offerings. You will play a vital role in the induction process for our new starters, making sure they are equipped with the knowledge required and providing them with the warmest welcome into our company.
How you will contribute
- To work closely and collaborate across all departments to effectively deliver L&D programmes that support and engage our people
- To support in the design and delivery of high impact training for the organisation
- To maintain, develop and improve existing training initiatives
- Proactively identify training needs across the business
- To take the lead in welcoming our new starters to the business during their onboarding period
- Be involved in designing and implementing the Valda Energy induction programme
- Review feedback from training evaluation forms to improve and enhance delivery and content.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day administrative aspects relating to the L&D function
- Ensure that L&D records are accurately collated and maintained
- Support the consistency and analysis of Quality Assurance assessments
- Offer coaching and support to help our staff achieve their potential
- Keeping up to date with developments in training
- Support with ad hoc L&D projects
- GCSEs in English and Maths.
- A desire to or working towards studying an L&D professional qualification.
- Experience of designing and developing training material to enhance the knowledge and skills of others.
- Experience in delivering training through a variety of different methods, demonstrating an understanding of how people learn in different ways, with the ability to adapt and be flexible in your approach.
- Experience of coaching and providing feedback to employees within a business.
- Knowledge and application of different learning and development methodologies.
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and the importance of consistency
- Have a high attention to detail to ensure accurate and effective content is created and maintained
- Be curious and creative
- Have outstanding communication skills with the ability to copywrite your own and others’ work
- Warm and approachable personality; have a genuine passion for supporting employees and managers.
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Strong organisational skills, prioritising own workload on a day-to-day basis
- Ability and willingness to work to deadlines
- Right to work in the UK
- Energy industry experience
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 10% annual performance related bonus
- On-site parking
- Pension contribution
Reports to: Learning & Development Manager
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 (Dependant on experience)