- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that the culture at Valda Energy made them feel welcome.
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed in the first month of joining agreed they would recommend Valda Energy as a great place to work.
- 100% of our colleagues surveyed agreed that they see themselves working at Valda Energy in two years’ time.
*Results based on those who joined between October 2022 – January 2023
Us and our culture.
Valda Energy is an established energy supplier, offering electricity and gas to non-domestic customers, presenting a viable alternative to the current crop of energy suppliers. We are passionate about innovation and challenging the status quo to deliver exceptional service and solutions to our customers. We recognise that our people are our greatest asset and in sight of that we are currently in the process of introducing new benefits and investing in several employee initiatives such as structured training opportunities, social events, and free breakfast! At Valda Energy you can be assured that you will be supported to be your best and be welcomed in to form part of our friendly team.
The Head of Marketing will collaborate across departments to implement strategies to increase our brand position and support our retention and revenue generation. With a team of Marketing Executives, you should be a natural coach with the ability to inspire and motivate whilst delivering exceptional results. The role has a current focus on three key areas: Brand, Communication and Culture.
Brand - You will be the custodian of the Valda Energy brand, both internally within the business but also within the competitive marketplace. Working with our sales team, marketing is responsible for delivering our products and services under the recognised brand and building our image throughout the market. As the customer champion, you will proactively eliminate potential problems and recognise customer journey improvements required to enhance their overall experience.
Communication - Working closely with HR and the Senior Leadership Team, you will devise a communication plan which sets the tone of voice throughout the entire organisation. You will lead on the creation of high-quality content and messages that will connect with our customers and employees.
Culture – We recognise the value of our positive culture and how it contributes to our success. We promote an inclusive and supportive environment where employees are encouraged to bring fresh and innovative thinking to work. You will play a vital role in developing our DNA and ensure brand values live through in everything we do at Valda.
How you will contribute.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, concepts, and promotional programmes.
- Ensure brand strategy and all marketing activity fully reflects the Valda Energy image and applies to current and relevant stakeholder insights.
- Champion the customer by influencing key stakeholders across the business with creative recommendations to optimise product and service.
- Through a customer success philosophy, develop structured understanding with defined action plans based on real time data analysis.
- Provide additional value to customers such as building incentives for loyalty and referrals.
- Own the user experience for all customer facing platforms including the website and customer portal.
- Be the expert on our brand identity, the competition and landscape to identify new opportunities.
- Working in collaboration with the sales teams, support the building of effective partnerships with third parties to champion our products and service.
- Coaching and managing the marketing department, ensuring individuals are enabled to reach their full potential.
- Help us consistently share our story to our employees by developing and delivering our internal communications strategy.
- Partner with HR to develop strategies and design programmes to improve and foster employee engagement.
- Manage and collaborate with external agencies on the development of materials across social, digital and PR initiatives within budget.
- Review and report on marketing success including KPIs and ROI on campaigns and make continuous recommendations and improvements.
- Provide departments across Valda Energy with innovative collateral and content.
- Act as a communications consultant providing advice, guidance, and best practice.
- Detailed knowledge of marketing best practice.
- Proven leadership and working as a team player.
- People management and development experience
- Ability to create a vision, develop and implement a strategic plan.
- Commercially confident with an eye for innovative proposals
- Strong strategic thinking and storytelling abilities
- Right to work in the UK
- Relevance Bachelors degree